Recently, I attended the Houston Entrepreneurs Forum and was very happy to network with a number of highly motivated, enthusiastic and successful entrepreneurs. The presenter, Mr. William Widener from Cambria Healthcare (@CambriaHealth) spoke about his company and other opportunities in the healthcare industry. He is very knowledgeable and is an excellent resource/connection to have.
In his presentation, he provided us tips, advice and some recommendations to entrepreneurs. My top two favorite thoughts that he shared was:
A. “If you can’t find a job, create one”
B. The Sociopathic Obsessive Compulsive:
It’s tough to read from the picture above so here are the details:
- If anything can go wrong, Fix It!!… to hell with Murphy!
- When given a choice… take both!!
- Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
- Start at the top then work your way up.
- Do it by the book … but be the author!
- When forced to compromise, ask for more.
- If it’s worth doing, it’s got to be done right now.
- If you can’t win, change the rules.
- If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
- Perfection is not optional.
- When faced without a challenge, make one.
- “No” simply means begin again at one level higher
- Don’t walk when you can run.
- Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a righteous attitude, a tolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary.
- When in doubt: THINK!
- Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
- The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
- The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself!
- The ratio of something to nothing is infinite.
- You get what you incentivize.
- If you think it is impossible, then it is… for you.
- An expert is someone who can tell you exactly how it can’t be done.
- The day before something is a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea.
- If it were easy it would have been done already.
- Without a target you’ll miss it every time.
- Bullshit walks, hardware talks.
- A crisis is a terrible thing to waste.
- The world’s most precious resource is the passionate and committed human mind.
- If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
Copyright, 1986, 2009, Peter H. Diamandis, All Rights Reserved. Laws # 14 & #18 by Todd B. Hawley. #19 Adopted from Alan Kay. #26 by Byron K. Lichtenberg. #27 by Gregg E. Maryniak. Contact info:email@example.com